According to the stipulation of the second provision stated in the National Highway Police Bureau Organization Regulation, responsibilities include the following :
- Safety maintenance of the traffic order and road facilities (including bridge and tunnel).
- Inspection enforcement of violations of highway traffic management events.
- Treatment of vehicle accidents.
- Safety maintenance of vehicle passengers and goods.
- Within the range of national highways, assistance with the investigation, prevention and treatment of violating events and violations within the national highway right-of-way.
- Inspection enforcement of traffic order maintenance, such as toll stations, weighbridges, service areas and rest stations.
- Maintenance of vehicle safety and order on major expressways across counties and cities.
- Other items related to the implementation of national highway law and order and the planning and supervision of police business.